When you study the life of Jesus and His ministry practices it is easy to conclude that He is the ultimate Hero Maker. Jesus first puts the spotlight on God the Father and then on those who he is leading and then calls these leaders to the same behavior. Being a Hero Maker moves us from being the hero of the story to multiplying disciples, who spend their days wanting to make someone else a hero in the Kingdom story. Jesus is our hero but His model of ministry was to make us Hero Makers!
Questions to ask yourself:
1. Am I trying to be the hero of my story?
2. How can I move the spotlight off myself and back to Jesus?
3. How can I move the spotlight off myself and to someone else in my life?
4. In my _________ (insert: marriage, parenting, school, marketplace or community), am I being a Hero Maker?
5. In my relationships, am I being a Hero Maker?
6. In my discipleship, am I being a Hero Maker?