“Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all of your crops;
then your barns will be filled to overflowing and your vats will brim over with new wine.” Proverbs 3:9-10
Once a month we gather together for a Family Celebration focused on the Hebrew tradition of Rosh Chodesh. Through this time together we acknowledge God as first in our lives, and ask him to bless our time, treasure and talent over the coming month. The whole family is welcome at these services, held on the first Sunday of each month at 6:00pm. Childcare is also available for Infants, Toddlers and Preschool aged children in our KidZone rooms.
ROSH CHODESH – HEAD OF THE MONTH
Here at CCF, we believe that by giving God the first of what we receive (time, treasure, talent) we acknowledge that He is truly first in our life, and is honored above all else. We believe that, as we honor God as our source of all things and declare that He has blessed us, this biblical act of “firsts” releases the fullness of God’s blessing on our coming month.
ALIGNING OUR MIND WITH GODS MIND
ALIGNING OUR OBEDIENCE WITH HIS BLESSINGS
Blessings can be cyclical
– Sabbath: Hebrews 4, Mark 2:28
– First of the Month: Deuteronomy 26, Isaiah 66:23
– Feasts & Appointed Times: Exodus 23:14‐17
Reasons for celebrating Rosh Chodesh
1. It gives us an opportunity to honor, praise and thank God for what he has done for us in the previous month.
2. It is a time to worship God, to inquire of Him about the month ahead, and to feast with Him.
3. By giving God the first of everything, we sanctify our whole month and are positioned to receive His blessings throughout the month.
ALIGNING OUR GIVING
Reasons for giving at First Fruits
1. First Fruits giving honors God as your source. It is a declaration over your time, treasure and talent. (Nehemiah 10:35‐39)
2. First Fruits giving sanctifies the rest of your income. (Romans 11:6)
3. First Fruits giving releases the fullness of God’s blessing. (Ezekiel 44:30)
4. First Fruits giving opens us to receive God’s overflowing provision. (Proverbs 3:9-10)
First Fruits giving is not your tithe, but an offering and act of obedience. (Nehemiah 12:44). Tithing is a biblical principle whereas offerings go beyond and open you up to a different level of blessing.
“If we are not experiencing what the Bible promises, it is probably because we are not doing what the Bible says…” – Chuck Pierce
Click HERE to read the recent notes
Click HERE to read the recent Prophetic Word
Click HERE to read the recent Prophetic Declaration of who God is this month