We encourage you and your family to begin today in preparing for disaster. Here are some resources to guide your preparation:
- Be Ready Cross Ready
- Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- The San Bernardino County Office of Emergency Services has created a step-by-step guide to help you create your family’s disaster plan
- Red Cross Ready Checklist
- FEMA brochure/checklist
- Emergency Supply Kit – FEMA Resource
- American Red Cross “21 Weeks to prepare” challenge
- Edison has more information to help you and your loved ones stay safe around electricity
Operation Ready is sponsored through a generous grant from Edison.
- Setting aside a three-day supply of cash to cover expenses one might encounter during a disaster or emergency;
- Planning ahead by attaining the proper insurance coverage so that disaster recovery doesn’t have to come out of pocket;
- Having a solid financial plan to avoid living paycheck to paycheck; and
- Having money set aside to address immediate disaster-related needs.
Taking an all-hazards approach to emergency preparedness; CERT training is designed to prepare you, your family and your neighborhood for any emergency. CERT Basic classes are five weeks long, two nights a week for two hours and are offered quarterly. Classes are listed in the City of Rancho Cucamonga Grapevine publicatio